Friday, August 13, 2010

NYX, MAC and the Naked Palette

So I finally got my hands on the Urband Decay Naked Palette! I am beyond thrilled with the look of the palette, the quality of the shadows (not too many messy chunky glitters like some of their stuff) It's stunning to look at and worth the Price of it! I was hesitant to pay $44.00 for a single make-up item, because while I love the high end stuff it just kills me to shell out almost $50 bucks and get one thing I would like to get many things as I am a typical make-up girl/junkie!!! But I have been using this for he last 4 days and I love it! My favs for high lights are Sin and Virgin and I am loving Smog, Buck and Naked the Most! It also comes with a dual ended  eyeliner in Zero (black) and Wiskey (brown)! Oh and you get a mini Primer Potion which does help the staying power of all shadows in general espically the UD ones. I prefer the Sin Primer Potion by UD but hey, it came with so I am not gonna complain and it's tiny good for travel!!!! The case is a beautiful matte chocolate brown velvet and the letters are done in gold! There is a small mirror as in all of their eye palettes. And the inside is as beautiful and chic as the outside with a satin taupe background and gold letters and it has a magnetic close! I recommend this highly to everyone!  If u wear the neutral look or you know someone just getting into make up or ahave a high school or younger girl to buy for this is the gift!!!! This is of course my own opinion!

I also got  few NYX items in the last couple weeks that I am soooo happy with! For a "drugstore" brand they are highly pigmented shadows, liners and lipsticks!!! The jumbo eyepencils which I linked here are a cult fav with the beauty gurus. I was intoduced to this line about 4 yrs ago at a dance convention in a stage make up class where I revied the MILK colored jumbo shadow and  a Godess of the Night gloss, since then I always wondered where to get it and not till I guess the last year did I realize Ulta had this line. Now Ulta doesn't carry everything and I was seeing alot of YouTube vids that had items I could not find such as the Bronzer and the Black Label stuff. So I found a site called Cherry Culture. (http://www.cherryculture.com/) where they sell most of the line and their prices are wicked awesome!!!! They do not just sell NYX but a lot fo other brands as well as the famous Red Cherry Fake Eyelashes alot of the gurus rave on! From there I got a 5 color eyeshadow palette from the Caribbean Collection in "I Dream of Barbados" and I got an Angled eyebrush, 3 of the Ultra Peal Mania Eye pigments (very compareable to MAC and their pigments only cost....wait for it...$1.50!!!!) and I got the NYX bronzer in "Daydream of Ohau" I am pleased and will shop here again!!!!


Onto MAC! I am a MAC girl I love the brand and I love the artists I have been able to work on me, I cannot say enough nice things about the place! I purchased some pigments recently off of ebay from a very nice seller. The colors I got were fun and I cannot wait to play with them. They were Fushsia 97, Typographic(a steely gray), Bronze 67, and Shimmer Moss (a bright fun teal!) I wish I could change my look like 4 times a day cause I wanna wear everyhing right away!!!


If U all have been shopping lately tell me what u got I love comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment